Aalborghus [613-2] is a former trappers' station, located at a small bay - Gefion Havn - on the south coast of Godfred Hansen Ø. Aalborghus is well suited for overnight stay or as temporary base camp for 2-4 persons.
OBS! Visitors must NOT use any supplies belonging to the Sirius Sledge Patrol, including: fuel, coal, food, dog food, equipment, etc.
The station must always be left only in a good condition, meaning:
- Any damages repaired
- All doors and windows / shutters securely closed
- Coal stove cleaned for ashes and ready for use
- Floor nicely swept and cleaned
- Coal bucket filled with coal
- Pieces of firewood put in paraffin
- Hut lamp filled and the glass removed
- Matchboxes with matches ready in opening
- Snow shovel secured and visible on the outside of the hut
- Never use all coal and fuel
- No garbage or open and smelling food in or near the hut
- Never leave any food opened. The smell attracts polar bears, and nobody else will eat it anyway
Note: Due to possible damage by polar bears the present condition of the station is unknown.
Number in brackets [ ] refer to hut number in Peter Schmidt Mikkelsen: "North-East Greenland 1908-60. The Trapper Era" (2008) published by Scott Polar Research Institute.