Sandodden [425-1] is a former trappers' station, located at Daneborg in Young Sund on Wollaston Forland. Sandodden is well suited as temporary base camp for 2-4 persons.
Since 1991 Sandodden including Skindskuret and Sorte Skur is serving as Nanok's base camp in the Daneborg region.
Visitors are welcome - after with agreement with both Nanok and Sirius - to use Sandodden. The hut must always be left only in a good condition, meaning:
- Any damages repaired
- All doors and windows / shutters securely closed
- Hut nicely swept and cleaned
- Hut lamp filled and the glass removed
- Matchboxes with matches ready in opening
- Snow shovel secured and visible on the outside of the hut
- No garbage or open and smelling food in or near the hut
- Note: Due to possible damage by polar bears the present condition of the hut is not known.
For further information please contact Nordøstgrønlandsk Kompagni Nanok.
- 13. august - 29. august 2019: Nordøstgrønlandsk Kompagni Nanok
- 28. july - 27. august 2020: Nordøstgrønlandsk Kompagni Nanok (Sandodden is being renovated by Nanok in 2020)
Aage V. Jensens Fonde sponsor Nanok's work.
Number in brackets [ ] refer to hut number in Peter Schmidt Mikkelsen: "North-East Greenland 1908-60. The Trapper Era" (2008) published by Scott Polar Research Institute.